I wanna go back…to the islands.
It’s time! Time to head back to Bolongo Bay Beach Resort and the USVI for another Castaway Beach Bash!
This year’s Castaway Beach Bash will be special, not only will we be relaxing in a tropical paradise with lots of great activities planned, but we’ll also be celebrating National Rum Day! That’s right, Saturday August 16th is National Rum Day, what better way to celebrate than to relax on an island in the Caribbean.
We are able to include even more activities at better pricing due to the off-season scheduling this year. Included in the price is a full day sail on Bolongo’s catamaran over to St. John for a day of snorkeling and beach bliss. Ahhh, I can almost feel the sand under my toes now. Here is the rest of the Castaway Beach Bash package from Bolongo Bay Beach Resort on St. Thomas.
Castaway Beach Bash!
For the 3rd annual Castaway Beach Bash, Bolongo would like to offer the following package (approximate 40% savings):
- 3 nights in an Oceanview room for two directly over the beach
- Day sail trip to neighboring St. John on board the resort’s 53′ catamaran, Heavenly Days (Saturday trip)
- $25 in Iggies bucks per room to use toward drinks and food
- 20% off any additional sail trips
- Cruzan rum tasting event
- Snorkel Booze Hunt just for the Castaways
- Nightly live entertainment at Iggies, including the “Best Band in the VI” John Gazi of West Lindy
- Free non-motorized water sports and lessons, including Hobie Cats, stand up paddle boards, windsurfers, kayaks and snorkel gear
Total package rate is $844.45 for two for the 3 nights including tax and resort fees.
The three-night package will be available August 14 – 19, 2014. So Castaways have the option of what nights they want to stay for a 3-night long weekend.
Additional nights available for a discounted rate of $238.15, including resort fees and taxes (reg. $384.40).
Okay, being that Saturday August 16th is National Rum Day, I had an idea to do a little something special. I’d like to see if anyone going would be interested in taking a seaplane to St. Croix to tour the Cruzan Rum Distillery. We would do this on Friday August 15th, because the St. John day sail in on that Saturday. Seaborne Airlines offers round-trip flights from St. Thomas to St. Croix for $170. We would then take a shuttle to Frederiksted, where the distillery is located.
I can’t think of a better way to celebrate National Rum Day than touring the Cruzan Distillery! This excursion is separate from the Bolongo Bay package, so please let me now if you’d like to do this.
This is the 3rd Castaway Beach Bash and things keeps getting bigger and better each year. Here’s a video from last year’s Castaway Beach Bash to warm you up a little. Let me know if you can make it, it’s going to be a great time!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner or AirfarewatchDog (between them, you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page
What You Will Learn
This is not a short and simple guide that's full of fluff. It's 37 pages of indepth information that will take you step-by-step through the process of turning your passion into a money making business. While it focuses on travel, it can be used for any passion and niche.
Comments are closed.